[Most Recent Entries]
Wednesday, December 31st, 2008
|2008 was crazy!
2008 was a crazy year -- list below not in any particular order:
- 2008 USA Presidential Election/Barack Obama/Sarah Palin/Tina Fey
- Gas @ $4.85/gal and $1.35/gal (oil @ $150/barrel and oil @ $38/barrel)[!] (pic1) (pic2)
- M$FT does *not* buy YHOO
- Bailouts everywhere (i want out of my mortgage too!)
- Releases of both Python 2.6 *and* 3.0, the next generation, at the same time
- Big 3 auto and other execs on the hot seat
- Non-Katrina hurricanes Gustav and Ike try to damage the gulf states
- CA state Prop 8
- Olympics/gymnast ages/Michael Phelps/CGI opening ceremonies
- Add a leap second
- I changed jobs
- Royal Flush vs. 4 Aces (featuring Everybody Loves Ray Romano) in WSOP 2008 main event
- Implosions of WaMu, Wachovia, Countrywide, Bear Stearns, Lehman Bros, Merrill Lynch, AIG, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac...
- Over 1000 ppl at PyCon(!)
- NY Gov Spitzer and Ashley Alexandra Dupre
- WGA ends strike to give ppl their TV again
- Hostage rescue in Columbia
- Massive earthquake in Sichuan/Cheng-Du
- Bill Gates retires
- Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush
- Tech: Apple launches iPhone 3G, Hulu explodes, Asus Eee PC creates new "netbook" class
- H2O on Mars
- Terrorists terrorize Mumbai (the city formerly known as Bombay) hotels
- In memoriam: (actors/comedians/entertainers) Paul Newman, Heath Ledger, Charlton Heston, Roy Scheider, Mel Ferrer, Majel Barrett Roddenberry, Cyd Charisse, Eartha Kitt, Bernie Mac, Estelle Getty, George Carlin, Harvey Korman, Suzanne Pleshette, Dick Martin; (musicians) Issac Hayes, Paul Davis, Richard Wright, Bo Diddley, Levi Stubbs, Jeff Healey; (reporters & newsmakers) Tim Russert, Jim McKay, "Deep Throat"/W. Mark Felt, Bobby Fischer, Edmund Hillary, Bettie Page, Richard Blackwell; (authors) Michael Crichton, Arthur C. Clarke, Louis "Studs" Terkel, Tony Hillerman; (filmmakers) Stan Winston, Sydney Pollack; and many others which have been left out...
Name another year where this much stuff happened...